Information and Communication Technology Oversight Committee (ICTOC)
The Information and Communication Technology Oversight Committee fulfills the following functions:
- Conceptualise and oversee CGICT, GICT and the strategic alignment to Umalusi’s corporate strategic plan.
- Evaluate, direct and monitor the planning, implementation and execution of the CGICTe GICT and the strategic alignment to Umalusi’s strategic plan.
- Develop the Corporate Governance of ICT Policy and Charter.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of CGICT, and the Governance and Management of ICT Framework (G&M Framework) that should address the following:
- The Risk Management Policy;
- Internal Audit;
- The ICT Portfolio Management;
- An Information policy [Information Plan;
- An ICT Security Policy;
- A Business Continulty Plan (BCP);
- ICT Continuity Policy and Plan;
- A Change Management Plan.
- Ensure the effective monitoring and evaluation of plans for Improvement and meeting all its objectives.
- Ensure that its reports are available to the Audit committee for input prior to reporting back to Council.