Quality Assurance of Assessment Units
The main functions of the two quality assurance of assessment units, School Qualifications [QAA-SQ] and Post School Qualifications [QAA-PSQ], are to set standards for assessment of qualifications on the General and Further Education and Training Qualifications Framework and to ensure that assessment for certification in schools, TVET Colleges and Adult Education and Training Centres is of the required standard.
This is achieved through the following processes:
- Development and implementation of assessment policies and directives;
- Moderation of the standards of examination papers;
- Moderation of the standards of internal assessment;
- Monitoring the administration of national examinations and marking processes;
- Moderation of the standard of marking;
- Monitoring and verification of resulting;
- Standardisation of results.